Thursday, November 16, 2006

Early Reading MeMe

Early Reading MeMe ----- I found this one at VWsista... again! ;) THANKS!


She found this at Dabbling Dilettante.

1. How old were you when you learned to read and who taught you? I was 3 1/2 or so when I started reading. I'm not sure how it came about - I seem to remember my mom saying someone worked with me.

2. Did you own any books as a child? If so, what’s the first one that you remember owning? If not, do you recall any of the first titles that you borrowed from the library? I don't know the first one I owned - but I can remember a lot of books I had. We had Dr. Seuss books, Goodnight Moon (which I still have), and the Mr. and Miss. books (which I just ordered for Julia). My mom's friend lent us the entire set of Nancy Drew books - so those were my all time favorites.

3. What's the first book that you bought with your own money? I don't know for sure - but I think it was probably a New Nancy Drew Mystery or Sweet Valley High

4. Were you a re-reader as a child? I don't know about when I was a child - but as I was a little older I read whatever I could get my hands on - and I was (and still am) a re-reader. I was a Battle of the Books dork (and Champion ;) )... I loved "Wrinkle in Time" and "House with a Clock in It's Walls", Judy Blume books

5. What’s the first adult book that captured your interest and how old were you when you read it? one of my funniest memories of a book was reading the "Flowers in the Attic" book with friends on a sleepover in Maine... what an eye opener - but Stephen King books were my main fare as a teen

6. Are there children’s books that you passed by as a child that you have learned to love as an adult? Which ones? So many that I can't even think of any ;) I love books and love to read to the girls. I wish they weren't quite so expensive - but that's what the library is for I guess.

No comments: